Note that classes are free for Synagogue members, unless stated below.
1. Psalms and Music: (Batya Fonda) The aim of this course is to enable participants to relate personally to psalms in the Siddur and to other popular psalms. We will read the Psalms (Hebrew and English), discuss the text with reference to traditional commentary, and listen to classical compositions as well as modern settings. Wednesdays, in English at 9am.
2. Reading the Bible (Rachel Krupnik): These lessons will follow the program and schedule of the countrywide “929” Project. Mondays, 5 pm (in Hebrew) (1 hour).
3. Hebrew conversation (Hadassa Birnbaum): For people who have a basic working knowledge of Ivrit, this course would aim to increase understanding of the news on TV and in newspapers, improving and using vocabulary in conversations with children and grandchildren. Mondays, 3 pm (1 hour).
4. Basic Hebrew (Rachel Ben Even): Thursdays, 10:30 am. (Please contact Shirley and Larry Hepner regarding the fee paid to Rachel).
5. Hit’amlut (Gym): (Einat – continuing course). Thursdays, 10 am (1 hour). (Please see Hadassa regarding the fee paid to Einat).
Call the office (09-8624345) if you have any enquiries.